Saturday, November 5, 2011

Quick Deload Update

Time for a quick update:

The deload has been going great. I feel much more rested, and I am gaining that fire inside again. Can't wait to get back to these heavy weights! I've really been focusing on cleaning up my form and getting it PERFECT on everything. Form MUST come before weights.

Notably, I've been making my form on squats spotless. I'm squatting heavy in the power-rack, and I have the catch-bars set to just below my knee level. I've been going super low; a couple inches below parallel: ATG style. The catch-bars are there just in case I can't lock it out, but it feels great to be going low with great form. NO CHEATING HERE. Last session I handled 300lbs for 6 clean reps. Less than usual, but that's to be expected when going low.

Nutrition-wise, I've been slowly building up to offseason levels. Last week saw about 2700cal on workout days and 2200 on rest days. I'll be kicking things off for real next week!

2 comments:

  1. You're deloads are more impressive than my working weights -__- good to see you kickin ass in here! been following you're blog since you posted it on Martin's FB page.

    Always good to see someone of about the same age/height/weight for motivation. Lookin forward to when you get back to working weights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, man.

    My first day is officially Thursday, Nov. 10. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete