Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First Day Back on Legs

It's been about 2 weeks since I've had a squat session, and a whole week since I've done anything whatsoever as far as lower body goes. My legs were feeling good and fresh.

Got the gym at 3 and warmed up. Then got in a good workout. *Remember, I'm deloading, so weights are about 20% lighter than usual*

Squats
275x6
250x8
225x10

No belt, and my form was nice and deep. I'm using this deloading period as a great chance to clean up my form and work on the fundamentals. They're SO important.

Leg Extensions
250x15

Leg Curls
120x10

Weighted Chin-Ups
+45x6
+25x7
+0x8

Close-Grip Pulldowns
135x8

Barbell Curls
60x12

Done.

I don't know why, but despite the fact that the weights were much lighter than I was working with last week, they still felt HEAVY. I got a weird feeling in my legs. Almost how I felt back when I ran track. They burned and were all tingly. I haven't felt that way after lifting in a long time! I think the time off made my CNS a little lazy, and my muscles forgot how it felt to use that fuel in 'em ^_^

Either way, it feels good to deload!

No comments:

Post a Comment