Monday, October 24, 2011

The Ramp-Up Commences...

Yesterday, after 5 days away from the gym (lots of rest, sleep, baths, and movies ^_^), I went and had a work out. It was the first workout of my "ramp-up/deload" phase before I kick-start this bulk. My sternum was feeling much better, and I felt up for a work out. I hit Upper Push/Calves, fasted, at about 10:30AM. Now, since it was a deload, my weights were about 20% lighter than usual. Nothing strenuous. Just enough to keep my muscles firing; think of it as active recovery as I build up to my heavy weights.

Bench Press
190lbs x 6
175lbs x 8
160lbs x 10

Piece of cake!

Military DB Press
60s x 8
55s x 10

Easy as pie...

Tricep Straight Bar Extensions
72.5x12

Calf Extensions
270x12
250x15

Really easy workout. It's strange; after the short layoff, lifting weights actually felt funny. I felt a burn in my muscles and was all twitchy which usually doesn't happen. I was lifting light weights, too, which is even weirder. I think my CNS was reawakened ^_^.

No comments:

Post a Comment